Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Final Push

Having the privilege to check out the Olympic venue is huge for me. I know what to expect for next year and that will help me make the final push for 2014.

The last few stops for the World Cup tour were in Switzerland and Spain. Going to Veysonnaz, Switzerland was tough for me. Last season I broke my ankle there so there was some redemption to be had. 



 Riding well in training and qualifying I found myself the fastest rider for the 6th stop on the World Cup Tour.  Racing went really well all day. Such tight heats with lots of passing all the way down to the finish line.  Making a big mistake up top in the Big Finals put me in the back of the pack. Finishing 5th for my third finals of the year I was stoked on the fun racing.

The next day we had the third World Cup Team Event of the year. Riding along side teammate Rob Fagan, we just set out to have some fun! So much fun in fact, we won the event! Standing atop the podium is a great feeling, and its even better with a teammate!




For the final stop we headed to the south of Spain. Yes for snowboarding. Sierra Nevada hosted the World Cup Finals for 2013.  The race did not go so well, But I am continuously learning.

Season Highlights:

Blue Mountain, Canada – World Cup Qualified 1st - Finished 1st
Veysonnaz, Switzerland – World Cup Team Event – Finished 1st
Telluride, USA - World Cup Qualified 6th – Finished 3rd
Telluride, USA - World Cup Team Event – Finished 4th
Big White, Canada – National Championships – Finished 4th (Top Canadian)
Veysonnaz, Switzerland – World Cup Qualified 1st – Finished 5th
Montafon, Austria – World Cup Team Event – Finished 6th
Stoneham, Canada - World Championships Qualified 4th – Finished 12th

So stoked, finishing the season 6th in World Cup Overall points and 4th in FIS points. But mostly stoked on being injury free! I am very excited to start the summer training healthy and fit. I think with the help of Canada Snowboard and our Integrated Support Team we will push my training to new a level.

Thank you all for the support!

-Chris