Friday, March 1, 2013

Sochi, Russia

Pretty stoked to go and check out the 2014 Olympic venue in Sochi, Russia. I had never been to Russia so I ready for a new experience.

Welcome to Sochi
After the longest travel I have ever endured, I made it to Sochi, surprisingly with all my bags.  1 hour up the road you will find Rosa Khutor, the venue for freestyle ski and snowboard.

Rosa Khutor Ski Resort is a full on construction site right now. They are doing such a great job with the venues, and I believe in a 1 year it will be such an amazing experience.

Rosa Khutor summit - Black Sea in the distance
 The freeriding at this resort has so much potential...If the military grade security will let you by or you have the proper accreditation.  I had the chance to sneak in a day of knee deep powder up at 2400M and blue bird sky's.


Photo by Anton Grimus
All in all it was a great trip to Sochi. Qualifying 10th and finishing 18th is not what I want for a result. But I am learning from my mistakes and moving on to the rest of the season.

Ranked 3rd for World Cup Over-all.

Next for me is Arosa and Veysonnaz Switzerland and Sierra Nevada, Spain for the final 3 World Cup's of the season.

Stay tuned!

-Chris