Monday, February 4, 2013

1st Blue Mountain World Cup

Unbelievable, I won my first World Cup Snowboard Cross. To be honest, When I was 9 years old, I had no idea snowboarding would take me this far. I started snowboarding because I loved skateboarding, So it only seemed fitting to ride on snow as well.

Now 14 years later I stepped atop the podium at the highest level in Snowboarding.  I can not express how grateful I am for my family for pursuing my passion with me. My dad would drive me to our local hill (Canada Olympic Park) almost every night after school. Then the whole family would all pile in the vehicle at 5am every weekend for the 3hour drive to the Banff area. Both my parents would volunteer at every event possible to make sure I had the opportunity to ride, Meanwhile my sister would wait patiently for hours and hours, day after day.

For all these years I have had the ongoing support of all my family and friends.  It hasn't been easy to make it this far, But I know I would not have been able to do it without them.


This victory is for my family

   








Check out the recap video done by CBC


Next is Sochi, Russia for the Olympic test event!

Stay tuned

-Chris