Sunday, January 6, 2013

Telluride World Cup Team Event

Photo by Doug Pensinger/Getty Images - www.denverpost.com
With heavy and fatigued legs following the main event, I was paired with teammate Kevin "Skills" Hill for the 2nd World Cup Team Event of my career.  Still managing to get the important whole shot I lead the charge for Canada 1. Kevin did a great job in the early rounds with fighting off the guys out back.

Photo by Doug Pensinger/Getty Images - www.denverpost.com

Kevin and I found ourselves in the finals after this battle in the semi-finals with Canada 2 (Rob Fagan/Jake Holden), USA 1 (Seth Wescott/Nate Holland), and Austria 1(Izzy Haemmerle/Markus Schairer)

The Finals went as well as I could have planned. I rode my race and accomplished my riding goals. Unfortunately with Kevin pulling out in the lead, Wescott had the chance to use the draft in the start section, and with new slow and challenging slow conditions it was a photo finish for Canada 1 and Austria 2. 

Canada 1 finished 4th. This is my best Team Event finish for my career. Can only improve from here!

RACE VIDEO HERE




Stay tuned for the next update! 

Powder King! Northern B.C. 

-Chris