Sunday, September 16, 2012

Days off


Spending a week In Chile for my debut back to snow was perfect.  It had been mellow on the ski hill with only a few ski teams training up in El Colorado. I had the chance to get back on snow and take it slow. It is early in the season and I was not planning on going nuts right away.


Buenos Aires
In between our training camps we spent 2 nights in Buenos Aires, Argentina!! Pretty stoked on having a break from snowboarding after 10 days of riding. 

Stoked as usual! Uruguay
Jake Holden and I - Uruguay
 
Jake Holden and Maelle Ricker - Colonial Uruguay

 I didn’t get to spend much time in the big city, as we decided to hop on a ferry and tour Colonial, Uruguay instead. To me most big cities are so similar; they are nice to see, but kind of boring. So we went for a bike tour of the old town of Colonial!


Such a cool place with lots of cobblestone roads and more beautiful sunsets!

 Got pretty radical in Colonial, Uruguay on my rental girls bike with a basket..also the brakes barely worked!

 More wicked sunsets here in Colonial

Next is Ushuaia, Argentina. The most southern city in the world! We are having a course built by 2010 Olympic Course designer/builder, Jeff Ihaksi!

 Check back soon for more pictures!!

-Chris