Friday, January 20, 2012

Veysonnaz, Broken Ankle

15th fastest in time trials

Second stop for the World Cup tour landed us in Veysonnaz, Switzerland. Team Canada had a rough week. With a sketchy course we lost Rob Fagan and Dan Csokonay due to small concussion and over all sore symptoms. Canada was in rough shape. Kevin Hill rode like a champ, Qualifying 4th, Myself in 15th, Matt Tunnicliffe 35th and Pierce Smith in 46th. On the ladies side, Dom killed it again with a 3rd, Maelle 8th, Michelle 16th, Carle 18th and Justine in 25th.

10 seconds after breaking my ankle. Just kept giving it my all


1/8 final. After falling in the lead and causing carnage I got ran over by 4 men, Then managed to get up and keep going. At the bottom of the race I couldn't walk.  But made the decision to keep going. So after getting to the top I needed 2 people to carry me up to our physio Helen. After a quick tape job on my ankle I threw my boot back on and dropped in for the Semi-Final... 5 seconds into the race I knew It was broken. I rode down In pain and agony.

Over all this has been a great season. Finishing 2nd in Telluride, then 12th with a injury In Veysonnaz. 

Yet again it's a short season. I've learned allot. And will come back stronger than ever.